Tuesday 28 January 2014

My Millennium Dog Amber B (may angels give you wings)


Amber B ( 1st Jan 2000 - 14 July 2012)
About a Labrador Dog - Amber B:

There once was a dog named Amber B, she was a lovely Labrador who loved every one back. Her coat was soft and shone gold like the sun. Her favorite food was anything that was yours or her James Wellbeloved dog food. She was a happy and lazy dog at times but would always greet you with her puppy like eyes and tail wagging. One of her favorite things to do was make you chase after her when she has a toy, or go swimming and jump in off a hill about meter high, so she jumps in like a rabbit with a for paws sticking out. My sweet dog would even bound around when you mention 'Walkies' and grab the nearest pair of boots for you.
I remember when i first got my dog from my parents and how much my family and sister loved her like it was yesterday. A dog's love for others tends to be grater than the love they have for themselves. They truly are mankind's best friends. Even though mine has gone now before her time, I would recommend the experience of owning a dog to anyone just looking for a friendship that I believe will never end.


She learned many things in her millennium including:

  • Give a paw or other paw or take it to (mum)
  • Lay down and take up as much floor space as possible
  • Sit and listen and speak
  • Beg (though rarely used)
  • Stay and watch t.v (though prefers going out or play time)
  • Fetch (sticks or pick her own on the return (usually bigger), toys, boots etc)
  • Drop it (Some times she would try keep it and tease you back)
  • Hide and sneak into your room
  • Sneak a snack and lick plate clean
  • Hide evidence of naughty deeds by berrying (rarely) or laying on it
  • Keep you warm or snuggle up in bed with you when your asleep
  • Cheer you up when your down with her friendly disposition
  • How to make you fitter (some times dragging on lead)
There are so many things my dog could do and like many Labrador dogs grew up and had a dodgy hip. This didn't stop her though as she always had energy to play.

Amber B ( 1st Jan 2000 - 14 July 2012)
What took my dog away?
If I had to describe it I would say I can't say. I would call it evil and the pain of a bad possessions day, there are not many words that best describe it for me. It was that one thing that happened in just a few hours, that thing that made her ill that swelled up her neck and restricted her air flow (malignant cancer). When something hits you like this I found it best to be around your family and friends. What I will always remember though is that she was always there and will always be here in my heart.


By Carol B 28th Jan 2014

1 comment:

  1. Very touching ....enjoyed reading this with tears in my eyes <3

    ReplyDelete